Palliative Care at Home
You may come across the terms palliative care or end of life care and feel you don’t know much about them. Palliative care is a kind of treatment or care and attention that is targeted on lowering the symptoms or seriousness of the symptoms of an illness. This is another idea than varieties of care that can halt, delay, remedy, or invert the development of a disease. We also have fully qualified dementia care specialists.
If you’ve been told you may not get better, you might also have heard about palliative care. Palliative care is for people living with a terminal illness where a cure is no longer possible. It’s not just for people diagnosed with terminal cancer, but any terminal condition. It’s also for people who have a complex illness and need their symptoms controlled. Although these people usually have an advanced, progressive condition, this isn’t always the case.
Palliative care or end of life care.
Palliative care can be an approach that increases the grade of life of patients and their families facing the challenge associated with a life-threatening condition, through the protection and comfort of suffering through early recognition and excellent analysis and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and religious. Read more about Palliative care.
Palliative care at home:
- provides rest from pain and other distressing symptoms
- affirms life and respect dying as a standard process
- intends neither to hasten or postpone loss of life
- combines the mental and spiritual areas of patient care
- offers a support system to help patients live as positively as you possibly can until dead
- offers a support system to help the family deal with the patient’s disorder and in their bereavement
- uses a team method of solving the needs of patients and their families, including bereavement counseling, if suggested
- will enhance the standard of living, and could also favorably influence the span of illness
- Live in care or care at home have many more benefits
If you need palliative care we have all trained care staffs, contact us.
Need support? Call 0333 210 0172
Living with a terminal illness and looking for support? Our Support Line team are here to help.
Open today until 5PM
Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.